CATCH THE TRAIN. A CAR FREE BOOGIE!
6 reason to take the trains:
1. Help the Environment by reducing carbon emissions
2. Save $$ not spent on petrol and the hefty parking fee!
3. No need to worry about breath testing on the way home!
4. Much quicker and more relaxing than trying to drive through the city and the desolation and madness of the Hume, Citylink, and all that ugliness!
5. A much better festival experience is created by having a car free site, more room for camping and general carrying on, more open space, and the green open expanses are not clogged up by hundreds of ugly cars
6. No long queues getting in and out of the site
FREE SHUTTLES FROM AND BACK TO TALLAROOK STATION FOR TRAIN TRAVELLERS
For those catching the train, we offer free shuttles to and from Tallarook station. it is a lovely 10 minute bike ride or 5 minute shuttle bus to Boogie. The Free shuttle bus will collect you from the Tallarook Pub, across the road from the station and will coincide with the service arrivals on Friday 14 April between 12pm - 4pm. The very same shuttles will get you back to the station from Boogie on Monday 17 March, 10am - 11.30am.
Please note: Shuttles run of a Very limited service outside of these times. Shuttle services during Boogie are dependent on either prior booking via firstname.lastname@example.org in the lead up to Boogie or via enquiry at the Site office during Boogie.
INSTRUCTIONS GETTING FROM MELBOURNE TO BOOGIE BY CAR
1. GET ON THE HUME FREEWAY AND HEAD NORTH.
2. ONCE YOU PASS BROADFORD LOOK OUT FOR THE TALLAROOK EXIT
3. TAKE THE TALLAROOK EXIT THROUGH TALLAROOK TOWN
4. GO PAST THE PUB AND TURN LEFT UNDER THE FREEWAY
5. TURN LEFT ONTO THE TALLAROOK-PYALONG ROAD
6. TWO KM DOWN THIS ROAD, JUST OVER THE RISE ON THE LEFT YOU WILL FIND BRUZZYS FARM, THE HOME OF BOOGIE! We strongly encourage everyone to leave the car at home and take the train to Boogie. We urge you to make every effort to help us with this.
There is a designated car parking space separate to the camping area, and you will not be allowed to camp next to your car.
There will be a voluntary $10 parking/carbon offset fee per vehicle, which will be managed by Treecreds. This fee will be collected upon arrival, and each carpass will offset 250kg of CO2, ensuring a truly 'carbon negative' Boogie.
This fee goes directly to the purchase of accredited "greenhouse friendly" carbon offsets derived from forest saving projects right here in Australia. We also ask you to co-operate with our treecreds volunteers who are conducting a very quick survey so we can accurately assess the festivals carbon footprints.
To find out more about treecreds please ask at the info bus or visit: www.treecreds.com.